Tuesday, May 28, 2013

Finished projects

So I have a few things that I finished sewing. Sarah has the pictures of the first dress I made, I think she's holding them hostage. When she send the pics I'll post some.

This is the second dress I made, the one I posted a few weeks back about doing. Turns out it did include lining instructions- and they were way easier than that 1st dress I made! The yellow and black dress instructions were a pain. The instructions for this dress were so easy I'm going to make another version of it soon!
Stacey was so happy with it she wore it home. I also made a boo-boo into a design element. I cut the teal part of the skirt too small- I thought that if I had taken two inches off the bodice I needed to take two inches off the skirt. In theory it is correct but in practice I wasn't sure it would work. But I had already cut!

So I added some of the bodice fabric down the back middle, where the zipper is, and I think it looks super cute. I had to add 2 pleats to the back but they don't distract from the overall look. Its a way-cute summer dress.

Then we went shopping at Joann's on Memorial Day. I had PLANS for clothes and I needed fabric. Got home about 3 o'clock and finished this top in about 3-4 hours:
 It was my first time working with knit and it wasn't easy. It's 2 way stretch so no elastic or zippers on this baby. It took longer than expected because, well, I sewed the sleeve on upside down- totally sewed on, straight and zig-zag stitched in place. Had to pull it ALL OUT and start over. Still, cute end result.

But I wasn't finished! I wanted to work on that skirt. It sort of goes with the top but not sure if you would wear the 2 together since the top is a little longer than anticipated.
I am in love with the paisley of this skirt. I think the skirt took me overall 2ish hours and it isn't finished. I didn't hem it yet and there is supposed to be elastic put into the waist band but I have to fit it on Stacey's body before I do that.

I am so happy I bought that material. It's a super cute fabric for the skirt. Just plain calico cotton from Joann's. Sometimes you can find treasures there!

Still in progress: The grey skirt with a chiffon-like overlay and the different version of the teal dress above. Very exciting.

Meanwhile, still in love with Chris Pine but definitely developing a crush on Sherlock Holmes. This one:
LOVE HIM!

1 comments:

Calicocoa said...

Shauna, this is amazing. I am speechless! These look like store bought clothes!! I am sooo jealous! I can't wait for you to teach me your secrets!

Post a Comment