Wednesday, May 15, 2013

Back to writing

Trying to write a scene for a round robin story my sister and I are doing. Just a scene that I would like to use in the future. But it involves something I am very bad at writing- kissing. Kissing scenes are my downfall. Stacey can write a killer kissing scene without much effort. I have a hard time with it. So here I will link some things I found that now, and in the future, should help me when thinking about writing about kisses.

Writing About Kissing

Kissing Scenes

Writing a kissing scene

This doesn't help but it's hilarious: Writing the kissing scenes...

Kiss and Tell


The biggest things I've gleaned from my once overs on these posts and a few others is that the physical act of the kiss is the least interesting part. Focusing on the build up, the setting, the senses, and the emotions are what make it special. Reading about body parts touching can make the reader as squeamish as it makes the writer writing them. Write about everything else going on and make it a special moment.

Ok. Got it.

PS: There are 8million gifs out there of Chris Pine licking his lips. It's a nervous tick/habit he seems to do when on air. Just google Chris Pine gifs and you'll see.

Meanwhile, I'd like to make out with his face please.




So adorable. 

0 comments:

Post a Comment