Wednesday, January 30, 2013

Stalling

So let's see. Writing has stopped for the moment. First of all, I wanted to finish crocheting and sewing some stuff (pictures at the end of post) so I have been concentrating on that. Everyone is having babies so I have a lot to make. That has taken a lot of my time up. Yes, I could still write 100 or so words so I am slacking but I am full of excuses.

When I do start writing here again I think I am going to have to skip over most of Chapter 4. It's a plot mover, mostly dialogue and description, my least favorite to write. So I think if I skip ahead to what's next and write that I can go back later and fill in the rest. It's good to have a plan of what I'm going to do/focus on when I do get a chance to write again. So there we go.

Currently, Downton Abbey and Criminal Minds have both made me cry this week. For real. Great episodes, great acting, intense drama. In love with both shows. Hart of Dixie was less interesting this week but Wade did take care of Zoe in the end and it was super cute. I almost dread the next episode of Vampire Diaries; I do hope it is filled with Klaus as he is the reason I even watch it any more. Once Upon a time was a rerun. Sad.

Tomorrow I have to focus on school- I need to made an educational video some how about something. As you can see, I have not figured out on what yet. Oh yea! In the car on the way home from work I think I decided I would do one on bar graphs. I haven't quite figured out what/how yet, but I will figure that out tomorrow. I also have a mandatory meeting at work tomorrow so I decided to kill 2 birds with one stone and have Dr. Aubry look at Tilwyn's cyst on his face to see if it can be removed without anesthesia. I think maybe if we put a patch on his eye, like a pirate, it may be possible. We'll see tomorrow. Bailey will go for moral support.

Pacifier holders
Ok so now with the pictures: First I made a few pacifier holders, baby safe safety pin them to the baby's clothes and when their pacifier falls out it doesn't get lost. I also made a baby quilt for my friend Karen's upcoming baby and mailed it to Georgia.

For Karen's baby
Then I have been working on a diaper bag for Julie, a girl at work. Her shower is in February. This diaper bag was made from a pattern I bought...from hell! I had to tear out more seams because the directions were wrote poorly. I almost threw the thing in the lake. In the end it was worth it, it is super cute, but boy was it a pain. I also made her a wall hanging quilt... though I cheated. It's made from a panel, meaning it was premade, I just had to quilt and bind it. No I did not applique the owls on. But as busy as I've been I am not worried about it. It's still super cute.  And that is what has been keeping me busy these past few days.
For Julie's baby, wall hanging.

Goals:  (In list form Stacey!)
  1. Thursday: Homework, meeting, work on Heather's baby blanket with left over time
  2. Friday: Work, get out any gaming preoccupation (GW2 has been calling my name)
  3. Saturday: Work, hang out with Stacey and Mom, making pies, catch up on Project Runway, crochet with extra time
  4. Sunday: Church, WRITE



So it will be Sunday before I get to writing again. That's okay. Gives me time to plan in my head. Then we'll see how things go next week. I may need to make another list...

Diaper Bag inside
Diaper Bag for Julie



1 comments:

Sarah Captured said...

Stacey got me into Downton Abbey. I liked it alot. I guess I will try to find the new episode online somewhere.

Tilly has a cyst? Poor thing....is that just an old age thing? Bailey is such a trooper lol.

I love all your baby stuff. The owls are really cute! Great job on all counts. It sounds like you have a busy weekend ahead of you!

Post a Comment